Numerical Analysis Group
Computational Science & Engineering Department
Bath - RAL Numerical Analysis Day
The Second Annual University of Bath - Rutherford Appleton
Laboratory Numerical Analysis Day took place at
The Atlas Centre
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
Friday, 26th September 2003.
- Iain Duff (RAL)
- Title: The symbiosis of direct and iterative methods
for solving large sparse systems
- Ivan Graham (Bath)
- Title: Finite elements on degenerate meshes: inverse type
inequalities and applications
- Bill Mclean (U. New South Wales, visiting Bath)
- Title: Quadrature for boundary element methods
- John Reid (RAL)
- Title: Cholesky factorization of a dense matrix with high
performance in packed storage
- David Silvester (Manchester)
- Title: Error estimation and adaptivity for elliptic PDEs
- Andrew Stuart (Warwick)
- Title: Fitting stochastic models to partially observed dynamics
graduate students from Bath, Oxford and Reading
describing their current research.
The meeting started with coffee at 10:30 AM, and finished by 5 PM.
The full timetable is available.
Iain Duff produced a photographic
record of the day.