Numerical Analysis Group
Computational Science & Engineering Department
Bath - RAL Numerical Analysis Day
The Fourth Annual University of Bath - Rutherford Appleton
Laboratory Numerical Analysis Day took place at
The Atlas Centre
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
Tuesday, 27th September 2005.
- Nick Gould (RAL)
- Title: SRLP-EQP filter methods for constrained optimization
- Ivan Graham (Bath)
- Title: A hybrid numerical-asymptotic boundary integral method for
high-frequency acoustic scattering
- Nick Higham (Manchester)
- Title: Symmetric linearizations for matrix polynomials
- Adrian Hill (Bath)
- Title: Tests for the algebraic stability of general linear methods
- Arieh Iserles (Cambridge)
- Title: Computation in the presence of high oscillation
- John Reid (RAL)
- Title: Reducing the total bandwidth of a sparse unsymmetric matrix
graduate students from Bath and Reading
presented posters describing their current research.
The meeting started with coffee at 10:30 AM, and finished by 5 PM.
The full timetable is available.
Iain Duff produced a photographic
record of the day.
Previous meetings occurred at Bath in
and at RAL in